Public Prototype #5
Hero powers are back! This is the next evolution from the rebuilt codebase back in July. It has a new level, a new hero, one new unit, some improved graphics and hero powers! Check it out.
This vid was taken before the 8 Nov Update. (With the new UI elements)
Play the PrototypePlay in Browser – Unity Web Player (Linux, Mac, PC)
Protocol_E_PP5.7z – Downloadable Executable (Windows)
- Feature: In-game volume sliders
- Feature: Auto-roll buttons for the rollers to quickly change values.
- Feature: Hero power pickups.
- Hero: Icarus – fast moving, rapid fire but low health.
- Hero Powers:
- Firewall: slight delay before fire launches. Ability to cancel cast.
- Damage Sphere: slight delay before explosion. Ability to cancel cast
- Instant Obstacle: block enemies or create bottlenecks.
- Plant Turret: plant a defence tower.
- Art: New UI assets for buttons. Replaces MS Paint programmer art!.
- Unit: Mini Scorpion. Fast, with high damage, but very short range and weak.
- Level: New defence level with coordinated enemy waves.
- Level: New Linear Defence level designed for use with new hero powers. Player can fall back to defence nodes further down the line.
- Level: Updated previous levels with bug fixes and new behind-the-scenes elements.
- Weapons: “Bolt” lasers now included. (along side continuous stream lasers; which also remain)
- Tweak: WASD movement now tied closer to hero (instead of moving a cursor around that the hero followed).